Monday, February 18, 2013

Tourist for the Day


Checking off the one tourist thing on my list of Toronto To Do’s.

I took advantage of my cousin being in town to push out of my acquired habits and explore the city as a tourist would. What else would a tourist do than to bee line it to Toronto’s main attraction – The CN Tower. 

I have a habit of settling down in each city I live in and falling into the routine of a local, with the occasional over proportioned excitement over something foreign to me but commonplace for any one used to the area – I think I told three people about my first trip to Bulk Barn (chia seeds sold in bulk is an exciting discovery people!) My city wanderings have mostly been to out of the way studios and down town castings with the occasional venture off my regular path if the sun happens to be out. I will lay the blame of my lack of adventure on the freezing temperatures outside; it is much more appealing to spend my free time cozied up somewhere warm than to get lost in icy winds. But with that said, I still like to get out and explore the city when the opportunity to do so arises or when someone else feels like joining me. I love to share new experiences with another person whenever possible. 

With my cousin in town, the original plan was to head up the CN Tower to see the view then walk to the harbour front for some lakeside ice skating. It was a gorgeous sunny day for the tower but unfortunately it was a freezing -12 degrees today which made waterfront skating sound less than appealing. Instead we took our time on the tower’s observatory deck and snapped pictures.











No comments:

Post a Comment