Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day



Happy love day 

I have always liked Valentine's Day. The holiday itself is over commercialized but I could never dislike an occasion dedicated to showing your love - bonus points for personal displays. A snuggly teddy bear or heart shaped chocolates will never be disapproved of but a romantic outing or a heartfelt surprise makes the day more memorable. I do admit to being a bit of a hopeless romantic underneath my casual exterior; I grin like an idiot in romance movies when the couple finally falls in love, I melt over amorous written words, and I'm enticed by thoughtful gestures. So I let myself believe in a bit of cheesiness during this holiday, my cooler head can prevail for the majority of my other days.

I spent most of today traveling around the Greater Toronto area to a fitting and a casting that were hours away from home and each other. So I must say it was a less than romantic work day but I did take myself out to lunch when I had over half an hour to kill. Once I got home, I shook off the melted snow and met a fellow Ladymith-ian for some outdoor skating - a Toronto must - and dinner. It rained more that appropriate for Toronto, but we stuck it out as west coast people do.

I came home to find that my pictures had been published in the February issue of Elléments Magazine


All pictures by Desiree Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment