Monday, February 25, 2013

NAFA Fashion Show

 

When my agent emailed me informing me I was on hold for a show, she had two questions for me: do I wear fur? and do I have any tattoos? With a yes to the first and a no to the latter, I didn't think anything of it. 

When the details of the confirmed job came through I realized I had inadvertently agreed to model for the largest fur auction house in North America. While I'm not about to go picket on behalf of PETA anytime soon and I admit to owning a few rabbit fur accessories, I was not very pleased when I arrived on location and found myself in a warehouse full of fur pelts. A large area had been cleared for the stage and seating so I wasn't exactly amidst the furs except those that hung respectively on their hangers but it was the smell that got to me. I never got fully used to it in the five hours I was there, but oddly enough, I wasn't disgusted wearing the coats despite it. I suppose once the pelts are made into garments I no longer associate them as closely with the animals they used to be. 

Moving past the fur, the show itself was a hectic one but ended up being quite fun. It’s been a while since I’ve been on a runway, and this no pressure show was a great way to get some paid practice in before Toronto Fashion Week hits next month. 

The video below is quite long. I can be seen at 1:35, 9:35, 13:00, 16:54, 19:00 and the finale at 21:13. I walked a total of seven times - the most I have ever done in one show. 





2 comments:

  1. Oh wow haha I could not have handled that. I would have cried like a baby seeing all of that fur in one place! Great walk though!

    ReplyDelete