Monday, February 11, 2013

DeuxFace Campaign



A not so lazy Sunday shoot for DeuxFace


Once the snowstorm stopped, this weekend turned out quite well. After I came out of my day and a half hibernation, I made up for it by wandering and exploring the city for almost three hours with a friend. And because it is such a small world, I caught up with a friend I had made in Tokyo who just happened to have recently moved to Toronto. Toronto is definitely a city with potential; somehow it just feels fuller than Vancouver.

I also shot an eyeglass campaign yesterday for DeuxFace eyewear. These glasses made me wish I wore a pair myself. I’m not one to wear glasses when I don’t need them but I feel like I’m missing out on an accessory here! I modeled three different pairs as we tried out three different looks. In the end only one picture will be used as this campaign is going up guerilla style. I’m talking poster sniping all around Toronto and Montreal. I’ll definitely find out some of the locations and look for them come April. But for now I have some behind the scenes photos thanks to a lovely makeup artist that offered to use my phone to take some pictures while I worked.

A good team makes any shoot. I pretty much do something along the same lines at every job; the concepts might change but in the end I am posing for pictures. It's really the team that I'm working with on a job that makes or breaks a job for me. Yesterday we have a fantastic team with the talented Jake Rosenberg (of The Coveteur fame) on photography, Pheinixx of Pencil Designs as creative director, and the wonderful Sheri Stroh and Sansyrae St. Martin on hair/makeup and wardrobe styling along with the designer of DeuxFace and other clever people assisting.

All the pictures that I am in were taken by Sheri - thank you Sheri! - the rest are from my point of view






 


No comments:

Post a Comment