Thursday, February 7, 2013

Mood Patterns



 My love for this city ebbs and flows with the weather. 

Yesterday I was smitten; I could feel rare warmth from the sun on my face, the skyscrapers shone and I had a great casting for an exciting job that I booked on the spot. I walked through downtown embracing it all and loving that I lived in the heart of this city. Today, on the other hand, had me trudging through wind and snow to a casting, enviously scrolling through NYFW pictures, and trying to diminish my stress with a little shopping. Fortunately, Zara was having a fabulous sale so my shopping came with less guilt. Unfortunately, I don’t feel like today’s casting went quite as well as the other and the stakes were higher this time.


So tonight I will bundle up and avoid the bleak conditions outdoors, albeit lonelier than usual, while thinking ahead to the great job I have booked for this weekend, remembering that I love my work, being thankful for these amazing experiences, and hoping for warmer days.

The poloroids above were taken by Mark Binks at our photo shoot together this week.





No comments:

Post a Comment