Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Typical New Year Post


Because every new year needs new goals and new words


The more I read, the stronger desire I have to write. I’m not talking about reading endless Facebook statuses or flimsy Cosmo articles or even mandated textbooks, but instead I’m talking about the consumption of thoughtful musings and witty prose. So as tempting as it is to tiredly curl up in my faux fur blanket and watch endless reruns of Friends or One Tree Hill, they do nothing to inspire me. They instead cause me to yearn for a New York apartment or a sappy unrealistic relationship where everyone is capable of saying exactly what they need to. I will alternatively take to books and blogs where I can get my literature fix with a smattering of photos and a taste of fashion mixed with clever words. And since this is the start of a new year (hello 2013) I suppose this is a resolution of sorts.

I resolve to read more and watch less and to create rather than vegetate. 

This blog stands only to benefit from this new regime and if it falls back into neglect, well someone please nudge me because I tend to get lazy. Cue awkwardness of my previous post being from last spring.


Currently Reading,
Back articles on Man Repeller, a daily dose of Tyler Knott Gregson, musings of A Bit Coquettish, and A Time In Between by María Dueñas

No comments:

Post a Comment