Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Next City Affair




 I am now in possession of a one way ticket to Toronto and limited artistic skills

I’ve gotten pretty good at leaving. At packing up a season’s worth of clothes, saying goodbye to a season’s worth of friends which is always the part I dread and heading to the subsequent destination. Next week will be my seventh move in the past year and a half including three countries in Asia, and three cities in British Columbia. It’s a life full of new beginnings and a lot of opportunities to either get lost or find myself, whichever I prefer. 

Now that my arrival plans are finalized for my Toronto trip, excitement is finally beginning to work its way into my mind. Being at home for the past month has been relaxing and comforting and just a bit distressing; I’ve caught up with family and old friends, picked up forgotten habits, and had time to hear myself think. Nonetheless, I’ve been going stir crazy half the time. My motivation dissipates when I don’t have something to keep me going. The thought of my new downtown apartment in Toronto and a new job working with Elite Model Management makes me feel like I’m back on track. 

Despite my ticket being a one way purchase, I plan on returning to BC in three or four months after my affair with the east. I did promised my parents I would not fall in love in love in Toronto and stay there but I make no promises, my heart is not in the habit of listening to me and I may just fall in love – either with a man or more likely, with the city itself. Although, it will have to be pretty outstanding to replace Vancouver or even Tokyo in my heart. 



No comments:

Post a Comment