Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Paperdoll Mineral Cosmetics


Behind the scenes via Instagram, real photos to follow

I prefer to discard the clutter. It’s neater that way. Simpler. There is beauty in simplicity. Elegance in a streamlined idea. Life is complicated and messy so I search for the details, the pure simplicity that hides in the chaos.

So why shouldn't our makeup be stripped down and the excess chemicals discarded? Who wants the inessentials clogging our pores or irritating our delicate skin. Now, I don’t claim to use a lot of mineral makeup, but I admire Carmel Graham’s motives when founding Paperdoll Mineral Cosmetics. After being unsatisfied with so-called ‘natural’ makeup products containing chemicals and preservatives she created a Canadian brand that offers a pure alternative. Hello, makeup that is actually good for your skin!

Last summer I experienced the product first hand when I did a shoot for Paperdoll. We started with a day look: Slightly mussed pony tail, warm eye shadow, and light blush. Then we changed the eye makeup by simply applying the eye shadow damp. This completely changed the colour of the powder. This is probably my favourite part of these cosmetics because who doesn’t love when one product has two wearable options? This is me discovering the reversible belt all over again! I also adored the fact that even when damp, this makeup was light. I hate the feeling of too heavy makeup so this was a joy to model.


Photographer: Jennifer Dickinson
Model: Thérèse MacCallum
Hair: Seungmin Yoo at Fish Salon
Makeup: Carmel Graham for Paperdoll Mineral Cosmetics

No comments:

Post a Comment