Saturday, January 5, 2013

Living in a Shopping Cart


My heart says Chanel, my wallet says no.


 One of the cruelest things I do to myself on a regular basis is browse lustfully through shops in which the clothing is financially unobtainable on my student budget and load electronic shopping carts only to be forced to ‘remove contents’ before I am tempted to proceed to checkout. Luckily, the thoughts of being unable to pay rent and other bills usually outweigh the desire I have for whatever piece of fashion has caught my eye. But that doesn't stop me from looking and pinning on to Pinterest. It's like I revert back into my child self, playing dress up in my mother's clothes. 

I was not just trying on pieces of clothing, I was trying on the woman I wanted to be and I'm still doing it to this day. 

Let's call this browsing planning, I'm simply planning my life out in fashion. Those blazer and trouser ensembles I pinned? Those are for when I have an office career. The black gowns soaked with sequins? Those are for the adventurous nights to come. Everything else? Basically, they are for when I can afford them because I would wear them now in a heartbeat. I firmly believe that a woman's wardrobe should portray exactly how she sees herself. These outfits are also to draw inspiration from because darling, the mall stores with cheaply made clothes are simply uninspiring. So let me live in the fantasy world of my shopping cart, at least until it expires.


Now let's all turn our attention to Kate Moss in Mango's 2012 winter campaign because I really can not find any flaw with the styling of the shoot or collection of clothing. If all these pieces ended up in my wardrobe I would not be complaining. Nor would I mind Kate's wonderfully mussed hair and smokey makeup.



3 comments:

  1. I'm forever on the hunt for the perfect sequin dress, I swear. I do the same thing with online shopping haha I try not to buy for hopeful moments in the future though. I like to make it work for now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never actually buy for the future. Just look. I prefer to buy clothes that I can incorporate into my current wardrobe.
      I did just purchase an entirely sequined dress last week and wore it on New Years Eve!

      Delete
  2. I'm in LOVE with this campaign, I think I featured it on my blog a while back! How STUNNING is Kate Moss here?! The Bardot look suits her so well. She also makes me want to buy every look - those sweaters and jackets are lush. x

    ReplyDelete