Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dopplegangers and Photoshoots




Embracing my inner elf

With a job that is based almost entirely on my looks, many people feel the desire to tell me who – or what - I resemble. Lately, on about every third job, I have someone telling me I look like Kristen Stewart. Stewart is not exactly my favourite actress but I choose to not take offense by picturing her overly made up but gorgeous shoot in W rather than the pained face her characters always seem to have or her somewhat awkward red carpet appearances. Sorry, but my ego is fragile.

While Kirsten Stewart may not be the most flattering doppleganger, it have to admit there is a resemblance. And it’s better than being told I have the features of an elf.  Which is what I heard countless times growing up. Thankfully they meant it in a more Lord of The Rings sense rather than a Christmas elf one. But as someone who grew up self-conscious of her own ears sticking out – thanks grandma – this wasn’t the most welcome news. 

So of course when I arrived on set last month to work with Vai Yu Law and she explained the concept and styling to me I had to text my best friend and tell her that I was actually going to closely resemble an elf in the day’s shoot. She immediately demanded pictures. Well a month later, I have some. There is also a little video of behind the scenes shots; I love when photographers do those.

The rest of the pictures can be seen published on Fashionrising.com









2 comments: