Friday, April 19, 2013

Niagara Falls


Sight seeing in Niagara Falls



It’s coming to that time in my trip that everything is tainted by the fact that I’ll be leaving in under two weeks. Walking around the city in the sun has become bittersweet as I realize how much I really have grown to love Toronto. I wrote in a blog post when I was leaving Vancouver that Toronto would have to be pretty amazing to gain a spot in my heart and despite the cold days and snowy spring, Toronto has succeeded in working its way in. The city boasts so many opportunities, amazing people, and so much I have left to discover. But I know I will be back some time soon.

I took a trip outside of Toronto last weekend to visit my cousin in St. Catherines. It was a laid back trip with a lot of catching up and a visit to Niagara Falls which I had never been to before. My first look at the falls disappointed me. I guess with all the perfectly angled pictures I’ve seen in my life I was just expecting more. But as we walked down to the second fall it all began to look a lot more like I was expecting. Then, being right up beside the cascading water dissipated any disappointments I had. The town itself was a surprise. It has got to be the most random tourist trap town I have seen.

It was a nice change of pace for a weekend, but I have to admit that arriving back in Toronto felt a lot like coming home. 



 








1 comment: