Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekly Highlights



Appreciating life's highlights

I know I have been absent as of late. I could blame it on my cold that has me more lethargic than usual or the lack of pictures I’ve been taking. What fun are these posts without something pretty to look at? I’m sure you all come for the photos and not my ramblings, neh?

So what have I been up to.. Let's look at the highlights shall we?

I popped into MAC to visit a lovely makeup artist and friend and she sent me home with makeup for my night out and some samples - I have fallen in love with the MAC comfort cream and tinted moisturizer. They are exactly what my dry skin needs in winter. 

I shot another book cover for Harlequin Romance. Always an amusing job with no room for shyness; this time it was a passionate embrace against a 'pillar in Greece' aka a studio wall. Photoshop takes some fun out of my job. I pretty much balanced on one leg, supporting myself mainly on the poor male model, while pretending to have an intimate moment with him. For about an hour or so. 

Sarah and I have started doing hot yoga classes once a week. Well, this week is yet to happen as both of us are feeling under the weather. My days off have mostly consisted of copious amounts of lemon tea with honey and old movies and Pinterest: bridal shower planning in bed is my new favourite way to relax.

Thursday nights have been spent socializing at Brant House. Others have been spent at Abercrombie&Fitch as I work most evenings there. Not exactly my style of  clothing, but they are amazingly flexible with my last minute schedule as a model so it will do temporarily.

I had a fitting for Hugo Boss today. I will be modeling for them tomorrow as they showcase their new collection to clients - which is gorgeous. The problem with these jobs is that I fall in love with the clothing; wearing it for only a couple of hours is such a tease.

I also had a lovely visit with an uncle who was in town on business. It's always nice to see family. I'm  looking forward to an easter brunch with my cousin this weekend. 

That wraps up the main highlights and I was loose with the work 'week'.  There is some left over clover tinsel from our St Patrick's Day activities and bruises from a tumble down a flight of stairs reminding me that I have left some things out. But I must keep at least the illusion of an air of mystery nèst-ce pas?






No comments:

Post a Comment