Saturday, July 9, 2011

It's getting hot out there

Some pretty building I could see from an outdoor MTR station
 It's been a week since my last post, oops. It's been a pretty busy week with a couple castings each day and two jobs. The temperature here has been an insanely hot 34 degrees most days. Add that temperature in with the humidity and you get very uncomfortable walks.


Waiting for the elevator at a casting

 Monday I had a couple of castings. my booker sends me texts the night before to tell me my castings but the information I have to go on is very brief. It'll say something like fashion editorial casting and have a time and address and that's all I have to work with. I have no idea who I'm showing up to meet. So Monday's text said cocktail event casting and had the time and address so I google map the address, throw on a skirt and top and head over there. I step out of the elevator to find I'm in the Giorgio Armani offices. Quite a change from my casting that morning that had been in a studio tucked away in some industrial building warehouse. I'm just thinking that some warning would be nice. But I just have to be prepared for anything I suppose.


I had a job on Tuesday for TOD'S. They make shoes, bags, and coats so guess what I was modeling. Thankfully they turned up the A/C for us so the winter coats weren't too bad. My Canadian room mate, Evan, and I both had the job which was nice. It was a showroom for their new Fall line so we just had to walk around the room and pose in the clothing. Editors from magazines and photographers were there so they would pull us outside for little photo shoots every once in a  while. I'm not sure where all the photo's will end up but we did leave them our emails so that they could send us some of the pictures. So far I haven't gotten any yet.

View from my makeup chair for TOD'S

Wednesday was more castings and Thursday I have a Fashion editorial job for a newspaper. It was a pretty boring shoot but most of the time was spent in hair/makeup and traveling to the location and setting up so a pretty easy shoot. We ended around 5:30 and I was starving and couldnt resist stopping at the Triple O's in the Time's Square food court before heading home. Though later that night we decided to go for a Model's dinner at Halo so I ended up eating a lot that night!

Setting up the photoshoot inside a restaurant

It tasted like home and made me a little homesick

No comments:

Post a Comment