Monday, August 22, 2011

Recap of the past month

I was down near Aberdeen for a casting so they decided to come with me and do a quick boat tour before I had to head back into the city for my next casting.

It's been a day over one month since I last
posted in this blog. I was extremely busy for a week and didnt have time to post and that was all it took to break the habit of posting. Once the habit was broken it was impossible to start again. I wanted this blog to be a way of sharing my experience with people back home and something for me to have to remember this trip by so I feel bad just abandoning it completely. I did however, start a photo album on facebook and was posting pictures during the hiatus from this blog. That made me feel like I was at least sharing pieces of the trip.
But to get this blog rolling again I will post pictures of the highlights of the last month and if I start slacking on my posts again just give me a shove. I'll thank Taylor D. for the Tweeted shove that inspired this post.

Ready for a long post with a lot of pictures?

Last month ended with a visit from my mom and sister, Natalie. They dragged me out of my apartment every day bright and early to go explore and do every tourist thing we could find. My weekends were full of day trips and short excursions were made before, in between, and after castings. Luckily I had a pretty slow week modeling wise so I had more time to spend with them. 

A lot of these pictures are from Natalie's camera

We went to Lantau Island to explore Ngong Ping and see the Tian Tan Buddha.

We also spent a long hot day at Ocean Park. I recommend going in the evening or on a weekday as it was very busy when we went on a Sunday.

We focused mainly on seeing the animals as the line-ups for the rides were insane.

I fell in love with the Margherita Pizza from here last time I was in California. I was pleasantly surprised when I found this one in Time's Square right by my apartment.



Avenue of the stars in Tsim Sha Tsui.

We really only recognized Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, and Jet Li.

We went to Stanley to explore the market and waterfront.
Stanley Market is my favourite market in Hong Kong so far.

You can take a tram up the mountain to The Peak where there is spectacular views of the city
I needed to get out of HK to get work visa stamped so we headed to Macau for a day.

It started raining and when it rains, it pours.

We headed out to Hang Hau to visit my mom's cousin, Robert, and his wife, Helen, in their new house.
They then took us out for some delicious dim sum.

On their last night we found this restaurant with an outdoor balcony on the 11th floor of Time's Square. I think we all wished we had found it sooner.

 The next two weeks after my mom and sister left turned out to be very busy. I did another shoot for Jessica Code and a shoot for Una Magazine along with some fitting jobs and newspaper editorials. Weekends were mostly filled up with beach barbecues and clubbing. I met Robinson's friend, Chris, and his roommate, Myana and they fit right in with us. We celebrated both Robinson and Myana's birthday in one weekend and my new roommate, Anete's birthday the next. The people at DI must think we made these all up to get free cake three times. 

There was an insane amount of pictures of Robinson's birthday since he got a hold of our friend, Laura's camera. But I managed to narrow it down to just a few.

Before our pre dinner shots started.. I think you know where this is going


Cutting the cake

With Myana, Tristan,, Laura, and Chris

Part of our lovely group
With Chris
A creepy guy who kept hitting on our group until we got him thrown out. This is poor Petra (a roommate) dealing with it.

With Laura
My two favourite guys in HK
One shot of Myana's birthday at DI which was actually the day after her birthday. We did a BBQ on the actual day
I believe this one was Anete's Birthday
My agency did a dinner for the new models at a Korean BBQ place. You cook all your own meat!

St. Steven's Beach in Stanley.
Still hot even with the sun going down

Ingrid trying out Robinson's camera
Chris's improvised spatula
We like our Steven's Bay BBQs
 That sums up most of the past month. Sorry for the length of it all, I tried to just pick the highlights but there was still quite a bit. I'll try to get back to posting more regularly so that this doesn't happen again. I do only have one more month here though. The time has gone by so fast.











No comments:

Post a Comment