Friday, June 7, 2013

At Least It's Sunny


What to do with all this free time..




My laptop battery finally powered its last session. After three replacement cords and months of having to position the cable in the exact right position, my laptop finally refused to accept any charge. This is after weeks of it prompting me with a message to consider replacing my battery. Well laptop, I'm definitely forced to consider it now aren't I? Since I have a somewhat uncommon Gateway brand laptop this meant ordering a replacement from the aptly named laptopbatteryexpress.com. Well express or not, I am still without a functioning laptop while my battery slowly makes its way towards me.

Anyways, that is my long winded excise for negleting my blog.

But in all honestly, I have haven't felt like posting. Not much has changed from my last post; I still miss Toronto entirely too much, I'm still planning a bridal shower and now also the dessert menu for the wedding itself, and I'm still not entirely used to the quiet.

But a few things have changed.

I have confirmed my move to Vancouver this September. I have been accepted into Kwantlen University's Fashion Marketing program after a year of being waitlisted and complete my registration next week. This means I'll be living in one city for the next two years and considering I have moved cities every 3-5 months since highschool, thats a big commitement. So I am in the market for a new apartment and a rooommate. So let me know if any of you know of anything; I bake and I clean, people!

I have also been trying to keep myself busy here on Vancouver Island. I worked for a day on a TV show set as a background perfomer, I shot once again with one of my favourite Island photographers, Jonathan Bell, I've helped in an opening soon restaurant that might lead to a job, I've picked up an actual job working at Aldo as well as agreeing to handle all Pure Life Paddle Boards' social media,  and I had an interview for yet another job yesterday. Anything to fill the void in me that comes with being back in the lull of my hometown.


No comments:

Post a Comment