Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hot Chocolate Cupcakes


I'm officially all moved out of Victoria. I'm staying at my parent's house for the time being and then will go back to Victoria this weekend for my birthday before I head out to Bangkok. Being back here without the use of a car makes me feel about fifteen years old again. But being stuck inside with a large kitchen at my disposal meant one thing: time to bake some cupcakes.

I love baking in my parent's kitchen, not just because its large size makes my apartment feel cramped, but because when I ask my mom if she has things like cream of tar tar, the answer is yes. 

I settled on Hot Chocolate Cupcakes from A Cozy Kitchen. I did have to go off book for the ganache since half way through making these I realized I didn't have any heavy cream. I love fillings in cupcakes so I didn't want to just leave it out. Instead I used soy milk and padded out the other ingredients to make it work.

 

 I wanted a frosting that would be lighter than the typical heavy butter cream cup cake frosting. This meringue frosting was definitely lighter, but much too sweet for what I wanted. 

  

 

1 comment: